Algae questions

Mizu

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 13, 2024
Messages
104
Reaction score
30
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!

Long story short my tank is about 2 weeks old and around 1 week in I added some microalgae and started dosing cheato grow to feed it, I stopped dosing it a few days ago.

Since then I've had this green algae grow all over my rocks, decorations and sand. Can someone help me ID this algae and if there's a CUC member that might clean it up? Also is this the Coralline algae that turns purple?

Thanks!

PXL_20240606_210018952.jpg PXL_20240606_210028574.jpg PXL_20240606_210033615.jpg
 
Looks like normal algae growth to me, nothing to be concerned of. Nothing will stay algae free especially sculptures. If you want them to be spotless it’ll have to be by manual scrubbing.
 
Noted - I think some algae looks kinda cool anyway as it gives it an abandoned under water vibe! I was just wondering if there was a certain snail that might like eating it
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new