Algae scrubber came in

w8lifts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so got this algae scrubber plumbed in, got it from open box at BRS, came damaged so the knocked more off the price, ended up costing me 100 bucks to get it, think I would have spent that in materials alone to make my own. Any tips/tricks for this thing, anyone running the lights 24/7?

78EBE786-7A6A-483E-97A8-8B6D8D9182CB.jpeg

ScionFRSguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure if I was doing in correctly but I'll share my experience because I had such an awesome tank when running algae scrubbers. My sump had multiple chambers, one of them being a really high chamber which made a small waterfall, this is where the thick bushy algae started to grow. It used the light that was for my chaeto so the lighting schedule was on at night and off during the day. It seems to have grown the algae really well. I've never seen my tank run as good as it did once I had this natural algae scrubber develop in the sump. Make sure to not take out too much algae at at time. You want to have a good amount there so it can grow quickly again taking out all toxins or what not out of your tank.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 39 72.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back