Algae scrubber or refugium? For 450 gallon system

  • Thread starter Thread starter Deej1534
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Deej1534

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 10, 2022
Messages
158
Reaction score
38
Location
Notthfield, NJ
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently looking at purchasing an algae scrubber for my system. I am in the process of rebuilding my sump and figured this would be a great time. My system will run 3 tanks. A 210, 125, and an 80 gallon frag tank. I found a local used clear water cw200 which seems to be very fairly priced. I see this can handle up to 400 gallons. I feed 2 cubes to the 125, 1 cube to the 80 and I am currently repairing the 210 after a seam failure on the bottom of the tank but probably 2 cubes in that tank as well. The tank had been running for 15 yrs so it was time for some resealing. My whole system plus sump will be around 450 gallons. I am wondering if the cw-200 will be able to handle the whole system.

To add I’ll also have a reef mat 1200 running along with the reef octopus 200 int skimmer which I am thinking should be able to handle the system with all other filtration.

Any recommendations or experience would be awesome
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new