Algae/ turf scrubber power

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Joined
Jan 10, 2021
Messages
5,117
Reaction score
4,647
Location
florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This live rock came with some red turf algae, it wasn't spreading fast but it wasn't dieing off either, I was at the lfs today and saw a little pincushion urchin but I wasn't sure if it would eat this, turf algae

I put him in about 2 hours ago and he's got all the algae on this rock cleared off with absolute precision on the left side, im glad because it was impossible to manually remove, and I've had it for a few months.

20221231_145746.jpg 20221231_145758.jpg 20221231_150353.jpg
 
Last edited:
That’s awesome! I believe urchins helped me bypass the ugly stage. They are a staple in a tank IMO. :)
 
That’s awesome! I believe urchins helped me bypass the ugly stage. They are a staple in a tank IMO. :)
I've had a few, I don't like them getting big, they like to steal frags and carry snails away :) but yeah your right this is definitely the right tool for this job and they are great for the algae issues, then ill pass them along to the next person.
 
Would they survive a clown trigger as i have some stubborn reddish brown algae on live rock. Thx
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new