• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

AlgaeBarn experiences?

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Amandakayphoto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In early June placed my first order with Algaebarn for some Ocean Magick as well as a tuxedo urchin. With their product changes it was delayed. After about 3 weeks the urchin shipped, but was DOA (phyto still unavailable). Their customer service was very helpful through that and planned to send out a new urchin with the phyto. Given continued out of stock issues, yesterday I finally recieved my replacement urchin and phyto. Phyto looked awesome and I am excited to see how it does in my tank. The urchin was still alive, but was not very active on arrival. I did a slow and steady drip acclimation (with their drip acclimator) but today the urchin has lost a ton of spines, and I don't think is gonna make it...

Long story short- they have impressed me so far with their customer service so I want to keep using them, but I feel like I have had so many issues/delays I am not sure if it is a fluke? Has anyone else had issues with shipping delays or livestock issues? Would I be better off buying their phyto from BRS, etc. instead of direct?

Last edited:

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
In early June placed my first order with Algaebarn for some Ocean Magick as well as a tuxedo urchin. With their product changes it was delayed. After about 3 weeks the urchin shipped, but was DOA (phyto still unavailable). Their customer service was very helpful through that and planned to send out a new urchin with the phyto. Given continued out of stock issues, yesterday I finally recieved my replacement urchin and phyto. Phyto looked awesome and I am excited to see how it does in my tank. The urchin was still alive, but was not very active on arrival. I did a slow and steady drip acclimation (with their drip acclimator) but today the urchin has lost a ton of spines, and I don't think is gonna make it...

Long story short- they have impressed me so far with their customer service so I want to keep using them, but I feel like I have had so many issues/delays I am not sure if it is a fluke? Has anyone else had issues with shipping delays or livestock issues? Would I be better off buying their phyto from BRS, etc. instead of direct?
Hi there! Thank you for the kind words. We are still working on the phytoplankton grow out and the project has been taking a bit longer than anticipated. Thank you so much for your understanding! Our products on the BRS website do ship directly from us but you will still get the great customer service from us no matter who you order through! :) Thankyou for the understanding in the situation and please DM us if we can help with anything else!

OP
OP
Amandakayphoto

Amandakayphoto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for replying! Sadly the tiny urchin did not make it- passed the following day, but the live phyto is looking good and I think is making a good impact on the tank. Thanks again for the reply!

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for replying! Sadly the tiny urchin did not make it- passed the following day, but the live phyto is looking good and I think is making a good impact on the tank. Thanks again for the reply!
Sorry to hear about that! Please DM us with your order number/email so we can get you taken care of with the urchin!

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back