View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CE735D50-6BC0-4EF8-A013-B93263B3FF0A.jpeg
IMG_7219.jpeg
IMG_7222.jpeg
IMG_7220.jpeg

Hello, my tank is almost 3 months old and I have softies and LPS in it. Everything was going well until this week. I realized all glow polyps closed and some form of brownish hairy things hanging on rocks. It became more and more tulle-shaped and covered my corals.
I do water changes every week for 10% and give my corals Red Sea Ab+. My light is AI Prime HD has a schedule with 8 hours of full light and 1.5 hours of ramping up and down duration.

Could you please help me identify this thing and give me a suggestion to get rid of it?

Ca:410 Mg:1210 kH:8 NO3:5 PO4:0

therootcause

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like dinoflagellates. Do you notice that this brown slime disappears overnight after lights are off and returns by the end of the daily light cycle?

I would consider adding live phytoplankton and copepods. Syphon out what you can and add filter floss and swap it out each day as it becomes accumulated with the brown slime.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like dinoflagellates. Do you notice that this brown slime disappears overnight after lights are off and returns by the end of the daily light cycle?

I would consider adding live phytoplankton and copepods. Syphon out what you can and add filter floss and swap it out each day as it becomes accumulated with the brown slime.
^^ This. And increase your phosphates

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 118 58.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.5%
Back