Algea ID

PowChickaPowPow

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 10, 2025
Messages
72
Reaction score
89
Location
Colorado
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I'm pretty new to the hobby and not sure what sort of algea I'm dealing with. Here is a picture. I'm seeing it mostly on this rock island and on my back wall. Thanks!

20260325_125833.jpg
 
Hi, I'm pretty new to the hobby and not sure what sort of algea I'm dealing with. Here is a picture. I'm seeing it mostly on this rock island and on my back wall. Thanks!

20260325_125833.jpg
The image is too out of focus to ID
 
The image is too out of focus to ID
Sorry about that. I tried to take better pictures today with white light instead of blue. Hopefully this is a bit better.
 

Attachments

  • 20260326_092244.jpg
    20260326_092244.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 20260326_092223.jpg
    20260326_092223.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 48
Sorry about that. I tried to take better pictures today with white light instead of blue. Hopefully this is a bit better.
Baby Ulva! Herbivores may find this a delicacy.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new