Algea issues, can anyone ID please

luke1991lfc

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 11, 2024
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
West Midlands UK
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there all. Have some algea issues at the moment on my sand bed and rock. I added new rock around 2 months ago and I expected it to become dirty in the tank and sure enough it did. But I would of expected this issue to go by now. Can anyone help please tan
1000045891.jpg
1000045892.jpg
k levels below
Salinity 1.26PPM
AlK 7.7 DKH
Calcium 500PPM
Magnesium 1350PPM
Phosphate 0.04PPM
Nitrate 11.5PPM
RO water is also measuring 0 TDS

Thanks
1000045889.jpg
1000045890.jpg
 
It looks like a dinoflagellate. If, in the morning before the lights turn on, there's less of it on the sand bed and more in the afternoon, then it's 99% likely to be a dinoflagellate.
 
Hi there all. Have some algea issues at the moment on my sand bed and rock. I added new rock around 2 months ago and I expected it to become dirty in the tank and sure enough it did. But I would of expected this issue to go by now. Can anyone help please tan
1000045891.jpg
1000045892.jpg
k levels below
Salinity 1.26PPM
AlK 7.7 DKH
Calcium 500PPM
Magnesium 1350PPM
Phosphate 0.04PPM
Nitrate 11.5PPM
RO water is also measuring 0 TDS

Thanks
1000045889.jpg
1000045890.jpg
How old is your tank?
 
It looks like a dinoflagellate. If, in the morning before the lights turn on, there's less of it on the sand bed and more in the afternoon, then it's 99% likely to be a dinoflagellate.
Yes this is definitely the case! What would cause this? Could it be the new rock cycling? Thanks
 
Yes this is definitely the case! What would cause this? Could it be the new rock cycling? Thanks

There can be many reasons, from light and new rock to water chemistry. So far, it doesn’t look too bad. I’ll wait and observe. That’s my opinion.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new