Algue cleaner

ReefadventureYT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is doing good but still young. So gha is starting to grow a bit. I am looking for a algue eating fish but i don’t know whats the best strategy. Currently there is a sixline wrasse and 2 ocelaris swimming in the RSR425.

I was thinking about adding a sandshifting goby for the sand and salarias fasciatus or a tomini tang for gha and other algue . BUT i want to add a engineer goby and a copperband in the future. But adding a tang as one of the first fish is a bit risky. But idk if a salarias and a engineer goby are a good combo. Can somebody help me? Or does someone have some other ideas maybe?

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size tank do you have?

Upvote 0

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
420 liters, 105gallons
Thanks and sorry for making you work for it, just a pet peave of mine. Not everyone is up on which brands do what.

As far as algae goes have you made sure your CuC is up to par? Reefcleaners.org is a good place for package deals. When it comes to GHA there isn't a lot that will touch it once it's long enough to bother you. Maybe some extra snails and crabs will get you over the hump to focus on the fish you want, rather than think you need.

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back