Alk and calcium???

Brewski4u1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a quick question I hope ... is there a system that will continually monitor alk and calcium that will also work a dosing system ?

jmoney7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a quick question I hope ... is there a system that will continually monitor alk and calcium that will also work a dosing system ?
I believe the Neptune apex will continually monitor alk and cal. I however don’t know if it will also control a dose to keep it at a certain level

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Several.

Neptune Apex and Trident , GHL Profilux and GHL Doser, Reeffactory KH Keeper and Doser X4.

They are the three most common systems.

cilyjr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I believe the Neptune apex will continually monitor alk and cal. I however don’t know if it will also control a dose to keep it at a certain level
It will and it does it in a pretty cool way. Rather than just turning a pump offer on it will control it in percentages. Meaning if it meshes alkalinity at 9.0 but you have it set to 9.5 It will slightly up the percentage of your normal dose until the next test. If the next test comes in at 9.8, it will slightly lower the percentage of the dose.

jmoney7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will and it does it in a pretty cool way. Rather than just turning a pump offer on it will control it in percentages. Meaning if it meshes alkalinity at 9.0 but you have it set to 9.5 It will slightly up the percentage of your normal dose until the next test. If the next test comes in at 9.8, it will slightly lower the percentage of the dose.
That’s awesome I need to get me one. Too bad they are like $1500 with setting it all up with the controller and a doser haha

cilyjr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That’s awesome I need to get me one. Too bad they are like $1500 with setting it all up with the controller and a doser haha
Yeah, honestly, if I were to start from scratch I would look at the hydros system. It's just I've been with Neptune systems since the aqua controller III. So I've been upgrading a piece at a time since 2004.

jmoney7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, honestly, if I were to start from scratch I would look at the hydros system. It's just I've been with Neptune systems since the aqua controller III. So I've been upgrading a piece at a time since 2004.
Haha good to know but does hydros have testing?

cilyjr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They're either about to or it came out recently. I'm not sure because I don't follow them but when I was at reef a palooza in LA they had a it set up.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 88 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 14 12.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back