Alk+doseatronic help to understand

Sam22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need some help understanding and I know this is the place to help.

So I’ve been manually dosing Red Sea foundation cal and alk I don’t dose mag as it stays at 1450 I do a 15% weekly water change. I dose the liquid pre made bottles. I dose 10ml of alk a day to keep my alk at 8.1-8.3 cal I dose 6ml a day which keeps it at 440/450. To save manual dosing and keep it as stable as possible I’m looking at getting the alkatronic and doseatronic set and carry on using the Red Sea foundation. Everywhere I read it says that the doseatronic will add equal parts of cal and alk but mine don’t use equal parts. I want to use the function where the alkatronic changes dosing depending on test result but this will also change the cal dosage? Will this not potentially give me a cal spike if the doseatronic changes the alk dosage as I’m not dosing equal parts?

Deep

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

So I’ve been manually dosing Red Sea foundation cal and alk I don’t dose mag as it stays at 1450 I do a 15% weekly water change. I dose the liquid pre made bottles. I dose 10ml of alk a day to keep my alk at 8.1-8.3 cal I dose 6ml a day which keeps it at 440/450. To save manual dosing and keep it as stable as possible I’m looking at getting the alkatronic and doseatronic set and carry on using the Red Sea foundation. Everywhere I read it says that the doseatronic will add equal parts of cal and alk but mine don’t use equal parts. I want to use the function where the alkatronic changes dosing depending on test result but this will also change the cal dosage? Will this not potentially give me a cal spike if the doseatronic changes the alk dosage as I’m not dosing equal parts?

What is the calcium level if you dose 10 ml instead of 6 ?
I would just dose them in equal parts and the higher calcium should not hurt. Your magnesium levels are sufficiently high so you dont have to worry about precipitation.

Dkmoo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I would suggest looking for other dosing options. A jebao is pretty cheap and gets the job done. Alk and CA consumption is a fixed ratio from calcification - approx 2.8 dkh per 18-20 ppm CA. So your 10ml alk to 6ml ca is actually right on target. Using equal parts doser will eventually throw your system out of wack of either too much CA or too little Alk

OP
OP
S

Sam22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So could I use the alkatronic and doseatronic to just dose and maintain alk and then use the doseatronic to dose what I tell it for cal rather than inline with the alk dose. I want the alkatronic as I want the auto testing a few times a day to really dial it in

OP
OP
S

Sam22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or just get the alkatronic to test and dose alk and use a separate doser for cal and eventually mag when needed

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 27.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back