ALK dropping again

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any thoughts on my ALK drop. Has been fairly stable up until Sunday’s water change. Then it has consistently dropped dispite dosing with Trident. It’s gone from 14ML to now 7.5 despite me changing my dose of 24 hours from 8ML to now 21ML

Changes I have noticed was that Magnesium had increased from 1270 to 1300 and calcium is unchanged at 420. I am dosing 6.5ML calcium
Over 24 hours. Using RedSea liquid.

Salinity daily stable at 33.5.

I did add two new corals, a Goni and small Acro all my corals are doing well and growth in my two big birds nest has been especially fast.

should I just keep upping the dose?

100G tank BTW, no sign of precipitation, I dose into a high flow area

Last edited:

Radman73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've found the tubing to DOS connection to always be very finicky. Also needs to be changed out from time to time. I have single tube runs so I just reverse it until it fails to seal again. Then it gets replaced or, if I have a little extra, snipped.

OP
OP
ShaggyRS6

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've found the tubing to DOS connection to always be very finicky. Also needs to be changed out from time to time. I have single tube runs so I just reverse it until it fails to seal again. Then it gets replaced or, if I have a little extra, snipped.
I spoke to support about it, they advise against using the R/O type tubing and prefer you to use the stuff that comes with it!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back