Alk, Mag, Ca. Whatcha dosing?

NewbsReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Title says it all. I'm curious what products you all are dosing your tank with and the results. I'm currently using the BRS 2 part. I have no issues with it by any means. Its time for me to order some more and I'm just curious what others are using.

20181101_195744-01.jpeg

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I was dosing, AH baking soda and Dow pellets for Ca. Now, Reborn media via CaRx.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using bulk 2 part for about four years. Just now changing to b-ionic, will have to see if I notice any benefits.

Phil D.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquaforest Component 1-2-3, my corals in my JBJ 28g exploded in growth one month after start using it. I have upgraded now to a Red Sea E-260 and still use it. Dosing 250 ml ever 3 days and 5 gallon WC every week, have 480 Ca, 9.4 Alk, 1480 Mag steady.

BestMomEver

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Sea 2 part. I also have Red Sea magnesium but have discontinued it. Water changes keep magnesium up. Also use Red Sea Colors program. Swear by Red Sea. Tank seems 150% better since switching.

BestMomEver

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's the color program working out for you?
Love it. Before, my corals were growing slowly (if at all) and they had all turned a green/brown color no matter what they looked like when I bought them. After using the Colors for six months or so, I have pink, red, blue, purple, orange, and vibrant green. Growth has taken off. Since I use Red Sea calcium and alkalinity, dosing is a breeze.

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dastaco extream A2
AMS pure CA media.

Before that I used b-ionic
Before that used to use Redsea program
Way way before that, BRS 2 parts ha ha

I would rank my preference in this order:
CArx
Bionic
Brs 2 parts
Redsea

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have thought abt the RS reef energy program. What benefit have you seen from it? How often do you dose it?
The main benefit I’ve observed is better PE and more “sticky” polyps. My lps specifically has been much more successful in catching broadcasted mysis after feeding fish. My sps look thick and pretty healthy too. I dose 1/4 the recommended dosage daily, an hour after I dose Nopox.

Crustaceon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS 2-part because I’ve used everything else and even though BRS is cheap, it works perfectly fine. I never noticed a difference with B-ionic as far as growth goes and I got really irritated with the amount of Co2 it took to dissolve Reborn media before that when I ran a CalRX. So yeah, I went the cheap route because it worked out to be cheaper (shocker) and the only thing that really seems to matter is keeping stable and normal parameters which I could do with any other 2-part and a calcium reactor with maintenance several times a week. I couldn’t afford/fiancé would’ve murdered me if I bought a peristaltic pump or carbon doser :(

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 172 72.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 42 17.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.1%
Back