Alk pH dosing math

USMA36

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m battling high CO2 in my home. My 200 gallon total water volume tank is in my basement. Surface agitation is good. My current ALK is 6.5. I am dosing Kalk through my ATO about 1.5 gallons a day. It’s not fully saturated. I am adding 1.5 tsp per gallon. I also started dosing carbocalcium at 20ml a day which is half their recommended starting dose. I have been checking my alk and so far It has not gone up much. Max with testing 3x with a Hanna checker is 7.1. Is there a calculation to figure out how much saturated Kalk and 2 part to dose to help maintain 8dkh? I like dosing Kalk because it helps keep ph at a higher level. I do not have a lot of coral. 1 large hammer colony 1 very large candy cane colony and a 2 or 3 smaller SPS colonies. I plan on adding about 20 frags in about a month so I’d like to get my alk ph math hammered out beforehand.

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m battling high CO2 in my home. My 200 gallon total water volume tank is in my basement. Surface agitation is good. My current ALK is 6.5. I am dosing Kalk through my ATO about 1.5 gallons a day. It’s not fully saturated. I am adding 1.5 tsp per gallon. I also started dosing carbocalcium at 20ml a day which is half their recommended starting dose. I have been checking my alk and so far It has not gone up much. Max with testing 3x with a Hanna checker is 7.1. Is there a calculation to figure out how much saturated Kalk and 2 part to dose to help maintain 8dkh? I like dosing Kalk because it helps keep ph at a higher level. I do not have a lot of coral. 1 large hammer colony 1 very large candy cane colony and a 2 or 3 smaller SPS colonies. I plan on adding about 20 frags in about a month so I’d like to get my alk ph math hammered out beforehand.
Here you go.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%

Back