Alk spike after water change

Duffer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question for all:
so after my last water change my alk spiked to 10 where i try to keep it at 8.5. I have a doser on the way. I know to leave the alk alone for 5 days to see where it lands and from there calculate the daily drop and dial in my doser from there. If after 5 days my alk stands at 8.5 what should i do for daily dosing with the auto doser?

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you answered your own question.
....... leave the alk alone for 5 days to see where it lands and from there calculate the daily drop and dial in my doser from there.

Ellis Syke

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question for all:
so after my last water change my alk spiked to 10 where i try to keep it at 8.5. I have a doser on the way. I know to leave the alk alone for 5 days to see where it lands and from there calculate the daily drop and dial in my doser from there. If after 5 days my alk stands at 8.5 what should i do for daily dosing with the auto doser?
I would find a salt that matches the parameters you'd like to keep your tank at and use that. This way you will not have spikes when you do water changes.

OP
OP
Duffer

Duffer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would find a salt that matches the parameters you'd like to keep your tank at and use that. This way you will not have spikes when you do water change

I use tropic marin so i'm good with that. What happen is i manually dosed at the time i did the water change and it sent it too high. First time i ever did that. Live and learn

Bayareareefer18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question for all:
Depends on tank volume and what you are using. Seems you have already calculated your daily consumption which is the important part.

I use the BRS two part so I use their calculator.
For example I have 80 gallon tota water volume with .5 dkh per day consumption rate so I dose 30ML per day to account for the consumption

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back