alk stirrer do u find yourself

hsosa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what up reef addicts. I find myself stirring up the alkalinity using B ionic alk and with the colder weather I find myself stirring up the alk . does anyone make a alk stirrer ? thanks

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
7C50D4C5-F51E-4F36-AEF5-34C05471C5CA.jpeg

bushdoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what up reef addicts. I find myself stirring up the alkalinity using B ionic alk and with the colder weather I find myself stirring up the alk . does anyone make a alk stirrer ? thanks
p
For GHL stirrer you need GLH doser, but there must be plenty other options on Amazon.

Last edited:
OP
OP
hsosa

hsosa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So true more money on coral I’ll stick with my wooden chopstick I guess lol

OP
OP
hsosa

hsosa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sure there are other stirrers on Amazon too
Good idea I ve seen them before I’ll check it out thanks

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is no reason to regularly mix up two part solutions. Some may precipitate if they get cold, but generally are stable and if you have issues, just dilute them a bit more.

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is no reason to regularly mix up two part solutions. Some may precipitate if they get cold, but generally are stable and if you have issues, just dilute them a bit more.
Is your sodium carbonate recipe like kalkwasser in the sense that only what is needed will dissolve into 1 gallon of water?

I get one gallon pre-measured packets from brs and if I don't spill any and rinse out the packet into my gallon sometimes "extra" sodium carbonate will settle into the bottom of my 2 gallon resivor.

I was wondering if they add a pinch to much to the package for "spillage" and everything that is needed is still in solution. I usually empty the container after a few fill ups to remove what has settled.

Is this the case or am I not mixing enough and the solution is not to its full potential? Or does it require occasional mixing?

Sorry I seen this thread and started thinking.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is your sodium carbonate recipe like kalkwasser in the sense that only what is needed will dissolve into 1 gallon of water?

I get one gallon pre-measured packets from brs and if I don't spill any and rinse out the packet into my gallon sometimes "extra" sodium carbonate will settle into the bottom of my 2 gallon resivor.

I was wondering if they add a pinch to much to the package for "spillage" and everything that is needed is still in solution. I usually empty the container after a few fill ups to remove what has settled.

Is this the case or am I not mixing enough and the solution is not to its full potential? Or does it require occasional mixing?

Sorry I seen this thread and started thinking.

No two part is designed to be at saturation.

Mine is designed to be below saturation at room temperature to make it easier to dissolve and stay in solution.

Any small amount of undissolved solids might be impurities. I’d just ignore it.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 135 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%

Back