Alk stoped dropping

L2Dekko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys I’m dosing in my tank for about 2 months now and I had everything In check and all of a sudden I checked my alk and it was going up everyday so I stoped dosing on Monday the alk was 9.9 and today Friday is still 9.9 been testing everyday and it’s been exactly the same the doser is off and no water changes was made what’s going on ? Is this normal ?

IMG_7409.jpeg

OP
OP
L2Dekko

L2Dekko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Sea abc 1 ml alk and 1 ml calcium everyday and mag 1 ml every 2 days

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Sea abc 1 ml alk and 1 ml calcium everyday and mag 1 ml every 2 days
at what level were you trying to maintain? And those amounts were keeping it at the desired level? Doesnt seem there was much use before it stopped. What were your numbers during the times it dropped?

OP
OP
L2Dekko

L2Dekko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So in a period of 2 months it was 8.2 -8.6 alk 1350 mag 0.05-0.1phosphate nitrate always at 0.5ppm calcium 340(I checked calcium randomly every now and then so I have nothing written down for it but it looked pretty stable) ph stil at 8.3 hasn’t dropped or raised

OP
OP
L2Dekko

L2Dekko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a small amount, probably within your test kits repeatability. I wouldn’t worry, just start dosing when it drops a tad.
Just ordered myself a Neptune trident, just to be more accurate thanks for the reassurance I looked everywhere couldn’t find my problem thanks again guys

SliceGolfer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have found that the more my uncovered hands are in the tank has a direct link to alk consumption. If I wear gloves, alk is unaffected. Alk consumption recovers in about two days on average. I wear gloves from now on and use tongs. Something to think about and if you can make that connection with what your results are telling you.

OP
OP
L2Dekko

L2Dekko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have found that the more my uncovered hands are in the tank has a direct link to alk consumption. If I wear gloves, alk is unaffected. Alk consumption recovers in about two days on average. I wear gloves from now on and use tongs. Something to think about and if you can make that connection with what your results are telling you.
Very interesting thanks for the tip !!

OP
OP
L2Dekko

L2Dekko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_7476.png

Hello again day 10 without dosing, installed the apex on Monday (Thursday today) and my alk is literally going up a tad every day, no water changes no dosing nothing corals look happy fully open and happy, what’s going onnnnn

OP
OP
L2Dekko

L2Dekko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_7476.png

Hello again day 10 without dosing, installed the apex on Monday (Thursday today) and my alk is literally going up a tad every day, no water changes no dosing nothing corals look happy fully open and happy, what’s going onnnnn
And I haven’t put my hands in it

SliceGolfer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is Nitrate dropping/dropped?

And, joking, why is it that every screen shot posted of someone's phone the battery is always dying? :p

OP
OP
L2Dekko

L2Dekko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is Nitrate dropping/dropped?

And, joking, why is it that every screen shot posted of someone's phone the battery is always dying? :p
Nitrate 0.5 phosphate 0.1 same, it’s because we searched for 12.5 hours before we ask something is an ego thing :p

OP
OP
L2Dekko

L2Dekko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys sent a ipc test in and my phosphate was high, that made my corals stop absorbing any food ,added some gfo and everything is going well I think I just had a great window after 6 months of setup and then my rock started leaching I’m correctly changing the rowa every 4 days as it goes down and then it runs up again, from my understanding what’s happening is everytime the water gets in a lower phosphate number than the one that rock has the rock will start leaching and if the water has more the rock will start absorbing only to leach it out again so regular changes in gfo until we mature out system!! Thanks everyone for your help !!

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.4%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 41 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 160 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back