Alk too high

Fer21

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 10, 2016
Messages
37
Reaction score
9
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, my tank has been running for about 5 months I transfer all my corals to the new tank about two months ago.

I’m dosing All For Reef to keep up my alk but I have been testing this past week and its reading 9.8-10.0 dKH, seeing my records it seems like when I was dosing more my Alk was lower, now I’m dosing less and it keep getting higher, my corals are responding to this not fully opening.

I think I should stop dosing at all and let the levels drop by them self but I think if I do that I might cause and alk swing too big for my corals.

Please help
 
That isn't that high. Arguably it is about average. If the corals are not opening, it is likely something else.
 
which salt do you use ?
 
Thought it might’ve been high dk from salt but the level shows 7-8, only thing I could think of is calcium levels are off
 
I’d measure calcium if you are concerned about it, but dosing les is the obvious first step. Demand for alk and calcium will change as pH changes due to weather and other factors.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new