Alk too high

Fer21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, my tank has been running for about 5 months I transfer all my corals to the new tank about two months ago.

I’m dosing All For Reef to keep up my alk but I have been testing this past week and its reading 9.8-10.0 dKH, seeing my records it seems like when I was dosing more my Alk was lower, now I’m dosing less and it keep getting higher, my corals are responding to this not fully opening.

I think I should stop dosing at all and let the levels drop by them self but I think if I do that I might cause and alk swing too big for my corals.

Please help

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That isn't that high. Arguably it is about average. If the corals are not opening, it is likely something else.

bryznsreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought it might’ve been high dk from salt but the level shows 7-8, only thing I could think of is calcium levels are off

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d measure calcium if you are concerned about it, but dosing les is the obvious first step. Demand for alk and calcium will change as pH changes due to weather and other factors.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back