Alkalinity, Calcium and Magnesium not being utilized in SPS Tank.

Finhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I spoke too soon, my parameters have jumped to A-8.6 C-480 M-1410.
Really discouraging, I could deal with this easier if I had more of a buffer. But we’re talking 4ml is not enough and 5-6ml is WAY TOO MUCH! I don’t understand, this isn’t a nano tank and I have 20+ growing corals. I had a 14 gallon sps tank that was more stable than this. ATI Essentials has me jumping through hoops :(

I would just dilute the mix 2:1 with RODI so you can find a sweet spot at a higher dose. So you could try out say 9ml at the 50% diluted mix.

OP
OP
ReeferMadness80G

ReeferMadness80G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe different products are better for different tanks. ATI Essentials may just not be the right product for your specific tank at this exact time. I feel this is one reason there are so many different opinions on which products are best. If what you were doing before was giving you better results, maybe you should go back and put the ATI on the shelf for a few more months.

Well, the only reason I haven’t stopped it yet is bc my corals are doing fine. Chasing the numbers is what’s giving me problems. I thought it would stabilize after finding a good number.

BeejReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
following with interest. Just about ready to start supplementing alk/calc as well. Looks like w 7 frags, I'll be dropping in a teaspoon of Kalk into the ATO twice a week, testing, and calling it good.
Ty for agonizing and analyzing your levels. Your record keeping and results, and all the excellent insights provided, have given me a starting point. Was totally in the dark ;)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 15.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 15.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 64 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.1%
Back