ALKALINITY needs your help.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Genvid
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Genvid

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 26, 2021
Messages
462
Reaction score
346
Location
New York
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have RedSea Reefer 350 75gal. LPS tank, 2 years old system, the last two months alkalinity has been rising on its own, without dosing. I have a three-component dosage. Parameters CA-420, MG-1420, PH-8. NO3 10-25. PO4-0.1 alkalinity was always 8.3-8.6, but the last two months it began to rise to 11.6. I started changing the water Tropic Marin, they brought it down to 9.6, but then again to 11. I add KZ LPS 4 mg, KZ coral buster 4 mg, KZ flatwormstop, KZ meerwasser complex every day, all 4 mg. I read threads about increasing kh and the effects of nitrates, tried almost everything, nothing helped, also about the effects of sand. I gradually changed the sand, I don't know what to do anymore, the corals seem to be doing fine. I haven't lost anyone yet.
 
You are dosing a 3 part? Did I read that right?
yes ca, mg, kh, ESV, but I haven’t dosed the alkalinity for 2 months now, after it started to rise.
 
How are you measuring alk?

You certain you stopped the correct one?
Thank you very much for your participation, I measure Hanna and Trident, give the same results, then I triple checked at my reef shop.
 
How often do you do water changes? What's the Alk of your fresh mixed water?
I change 20% every week, kh of new water 8. I have a seven-stage rodi system, all filters are new, resins too.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 9.0%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 14.1%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.7%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.6%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new