Alkalinity Problems

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jarrito
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jarrito

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 17, 2021
Messages
67
Reaction score
8
Location
Modesto
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I've had this tank running for about 3 months and currently have only a pair of clowns. I just ordered some coral that are arriving next Friday. Recently I have been testing for Alk, Ph, and Ca. Ph stays around 8.2 and Ca is above 500 but then my Alk seems to be dropping and I don't know why. It went from 8-6 in a little less than a week. Do I need to start dosing Alk? and how would I get started? What could be consuming it?
Nitrates are at 0 as I heard increase in nitrates can decrease alk so it can't be that.
 
Currently at 1.025 but I just topped it off a couple days ago when it was around 1.026
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new