Alkatronic/Mastertronic Availability??

ElussssvReefSD

Be Nice to Coral-Nippers!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All,

Am very interested in getting my hands on the Alkatronic and/or Mastertronic but it doesn't seem like they are available anywhere, and I'm too slow apparently to snag one off the forums here...

Any ideas or leads? Or is this product's availability another victim of COVID-related issues?

Unfortunately I do not have Facebook so can't access their page there.

Joepie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All,

Am very interested in getting my hands on the Alkatronic and/or Mastertronic but it doesn't seem like they are available anywhere, and I'm too slow apparently to snag one off the forums here...

Any ideas or leads? Or is this product's availability another victim of COVID-related issues?

Unfortunately I do not have Facebook so can't access their page there.
Tou wrote that the Mastertronic isn't available anywhere, but that is not true. Do you mean only in the USA not available? In The Netherlands is the Mastertronic since febr 21 in most reef aquariumshops sure available, even online buying from a Dutch store possible.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CoralVue is the US distributer for Focustronics and they are in Slidell La which just got hit by hurricane Ida. So I am not sure how long it will take for things to get to normal for them there. That could be the cause for delay. You might be able to find a LFS with the items in stock somewhere.

OP
OP
ElussssvReefSD

ElussssvReefSD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tou wrote that the Mastertronic isn't available anywhere, but that is not true. Do you mean only in the USA not available? In The Netherlands is the Mastertronic since febr 21 in most reef aquariumshops sure available, even online buying from a Dutch store possible.
Yes sorry, I meant in the USA. I’ve called around and looked online and havent had any luck. I do not think it’s legal to import from an overseas distributor without having to pay $$$ in import duties and fees. I could be wrong… if you know of anyone that ships to the US I’d love to know about it!

OP
OP
ElussssvReefSD

ElussssvReefSD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CoralVue is the US distributer for Focustronics and they are in Slidell La which just got hit by hurricane Ida. So I am not sure how long it will take for things to get to normal for them there. That could be the cause for delay. You might be able to find a LFS with the items in stock somewhere.
Oh no!!! Dang I didn’t realize they were located there… they have been out of stock for some time prior to Ida, but man that just hurts my heart.

I’ve always loved New Orleans and Cajun country (almost moved there several times), and I really hope that they’re able to bounce back from Ida….

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes sorry, I meant in the USA. I’ve called around and looked online and havent had any luck. I do not think it’s legal to import from an overseas distributor without having to pay $$$ in import duties and fees. I could be wrong… if you know of anyone that ships to the US I’d love to know about it!
The issue is that the US power is different than other countries. Also there may be warranty issues if it is purchased bypassing the the distributer. The power thing may be hold up since it requires different power supplies here.

Joepie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The website of seaflower.nl says that they send worldwide. I know that it is a trustfull compagny. I advise that you send first an email to them for all ins and outs. [email protected] I believe that it will be indeed a rough road but you can inform for free . Cave electricity current is different so an adapter is necessary. Please keep me informed, i am curious

OP
OP
ElussssvReefSD

ElussssvReefSD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The website of seaflower.nl says that they send worldwide. I know that it is a trustfull compagny. I advise that you send first an email to them for all ins and outs. [email protected] I believe that it will be indeed a rough road but you can inform for free . Cave electricity current is different so an adapter is necessary. Please keep me informed, i am curious

Alright I'll take a look thanks!

Biff0rz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A couple of things -
-The FB page won't help, its just support and they censor it a lot
-The MT came out in Dec 2020, I got mine when it was first available in the US ~8/20 from saltwateraquarium.com - I pre-ordered 6mo prior
-The issue here is FT - they send shipments in bulk to CoralVue, and cv sort of sucks. I explored this option and Eric Tang (owner of FT) basically told me if I bought one overseas he'd void my warranty...fun guy.
-Replacement/maintenance parts can be just as hard to come by
-You can buy from other US sites only, they got their stock from CoralVue, so the warranty will be valid
-I waited almost a year to get mine and they sold out instantly, good luck getting one
-Maintainance can be pricey unless you source alternatives for the replacements (most do this)

good luck!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 58 49.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 64 54.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • None.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.7%

Back