Alkatronic PH probe useful life?

Naturalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hello,

love my Alkatronic! PH probe is coming up on 24 months.....still calibrating fine, should I replace it or does it still. Have some life left?

Thanks

coralkurd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a used alkatronic. Can I buy any ph probe to use with it? Like Neptune’s double junction one?

MGarrison

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you change the probe? And what replacement probe did you use?
I am interesting in this as well. CoralVue has been out of stock on the Atlas Scientific pH Probe for a while now.
Can source them direct from Atlas Scientific, but I think you will have to buy the Optional SMA to BNC adapter. I am sure a different manufacture would work, but would it be as precise/accurate?

Per the manual:
Changing the pH-electrode The included pH electrode is of high quality and is specially chosen for this purpose. If properly handled, it will last for 2-2.5 years. After these 2+ years it will need to be replaced. You can purchase the electrode at Focustronic, or at the local dealer where you bought the machine. When you replace the electrode you have to unscrew the back-lid and in the upper right corner of the circuit board connect the BNC cable to the BNC-contact. Be very careful not to touch the electronics on the circuit board. If you are concerned about performing this task, please contact Focustronics support and we will guide you through it. After that, follow the instructions on here, from point 2 and onwards.

OP
OP
Naturalreef

Naturalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
How do you change the probe? And what replacement probe did you use?
You can buy the Atlas scientific probe on Amazon or on the manufacturers site. It’s a easy swap, remove the screws from the back panel. Clip the zip tie (carefully) holding the probe cord. Disconnect the bnc connector and pull the old probe out.

replace with new probe and make sure you leave enough cord on glass graduated beaker side so you can remove the probe when cleaning the glass. Once you have enough cord, zip tie cord in place and carefully replace cover so you don’t pinch any cables. Go through calibration and you are all set. Hth’s

MGarrison

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ones on amazon shows an SMA connector. According to the instructions Alkatronic uses a BNC connector. Do you need the SMA->BNC adaptor or is that already in the Alkatronic.
Don't feel like opening my Alkatronic to find out! :)

OP
OP
Naturalreef

Naturalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The ones on amazon shows an SMA connector. According to the instructions Alkatronic uses a BNC connector. Do you need the SMA->BNC adaptor or is that already in the Alkatronic.
At the time I was changing mine, Amazon had the one with the BNC connector. The manufacturer also had it in stock. You can use a different manufacturer, you just have to make sure it fits through the back hole. Neptune ph probe fit if I remember correctly.

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Search on Amazon for ph probe bnc and you should get a ton of options.

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are coming with a green Milwaukee ph probe now with batch3. I'm not sure if it's single junction like the atlas, but it seems to be of good quality and calibrated well.

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By chance do you know what Milwaukee ph probe model they're using on batch3?
these are what's in both of mine now (these are what came with the unit), but I just recently got an atlas scientific on sale to replace my One probe I've had for longer just need to do it although this one is still holding fine, I got it so I want to use it:)

20230816_182610.jpg

Last edited:

reefchi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the model number. Where did you get the atlas scientific on sale? Is BRS the only supplier selling them?

I’m deciding to either get the Milwaukee or atlas scientific. The Milwaukee seems to be a little cheaper.

"MA911" is the model number

"MA911" is the model number

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the model number. Where did you get the atlas scientific on sale? Is BRS the only supplier selling them?

I’m deciding to either get the Milwaukee or atlas scientific. The Milwaukee seems to be a little cheaper.
I got the atlas directly from atlas, it was a couple months ago, but they do sales too, just watch for it, im sure they will have end of year sales.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good info! Thanks!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back