Alkatronic reading high

collosalness

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 21, 2024
Messages
162
Reaction score
148
Location
Upstate NY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just set up my second hand Alkatronic. Finally got it connected to my account.

The machine runs and calibrated. However. It keeps reading 2-4 dkh higher than my Hanna test. I rechecked calibration for both pumps and recalibrated pH and it’s still doing the same thing.

Any thoughts? I remixed the reagent twice and I even used a scale to make sure it’s a properly mixed 1:4 ratio.
 
Just set up my second hand Alkatronic. Finally got it connected to my account.

The machine runs and calibrated. However. It keeps reading 2-4 dkh higher than my Hanna test. I rechecked calibration for both pumps and recalibrated pH and it’s still doing the same thing.

Any thoughts? I remixed the reagent twice and I even used a scale to make sure it’s a properly mixed 1:4 ratio.
KH Guardian has a way to adjust this, if you trust the other test, so you can essentially align it with a trusted test kit.

I can only hypothesize that consumer products just lack the accuracy, and as long as it is consistent, then it can be trusted if you can adjust it with the product you are using.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new