Alkatronic replacement tubing cheaper alternative

Naturalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi all,

Does anyone know where I can source cheaper replacement tubing for the Alkatronic? Source and tubing size in the states would be appreciated! It’s ridiculous imo to pay close to $100 for silicone tubing. Thanks much!

cmoore806

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Does anyone know where I can source cheaper replacement tubing for the Alkatronic? Source and tubing size in the states would be appreciated! It’s ridiculous imo to pay close to $100 for silicone tubing. Thanks much!
I don't have one but it looks like silicone fuel tubing I used in RC engines: https://www.towerhobbies.com/product/silicone-fuel-tubing-532-25/DUB897.html

not sure on the dimensions you'd need but if you measure the ID and the OD of the tubing it would be helpful

OP
OP
Naturalreef

Naturalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks Cmoore! I don’t have the dimensions.... I’ll dig a little further and look up your link.

cmoore806

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Cmoore! I don’t have the dimensions.... I’ll dig a little further and look up your link.

RC Fuel tubing is typically in three sizes (small, medium, large). I am guessing medium is the size youre looking for the ID is 3/32 which fits on a 1/8" barbed fitting just fine. the large is 5/32" ID

OP
OP
Naturalreef

Naturalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
RC Fuel tubing is typically in three sizes (small, medium, large). I am guessing medium is the size youre looking for the ID is 3/32 which fits on a 1/8" barbed fitting just fine. the large is 5/32" ID

Thanks, there are two sizes of tubing the Alkatronic uses. One is small for reagent and the other medium for tank water. I’m going to inquire with the manufacturer. Others have tried using other tubing and they said tests were wonky.

cmoore806

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, there are two sizes of tubing the Alkatronic uses. One is small for reagent and the other medium for tank water. I’m going to inquire with the manufacturer. Others have tried using other tubing and they said tests were wonky.
I wouldn't be deterred by other's reports since not many people run well controlled experiments and because they probably work for the company selling the overpriced tubing.

Also, check out https://www.mcmaster.com/tubing/material~rubber/material~silicone-rubber/ for tubing source as well

OP
OP
Naturalreef

Naturalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Dennis Cartier

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I also get the details on the tubing sizes please. I usually buy my dosing tubing in 10 - 25' lengths and would like to keep a supply of Alkatronic tubing on hand. So please pass along the dimensions if you have them.

Dennis

Rst

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems that the Alkatronic tubing sizes are not available here anymore? If anyone who did already receive a pm with this info, can you please share this with me and others in the community? Thanks

Dennis Cartier

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As near as I can tell, this is pretty close to a match for pump A & C. I just replaced a split hose with it and it delivered 50.5 ml during a pump calibration (I suspect the test was 50 .0 ml). YMMV

Back