Alkatronic stirrer motor

harper

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for a replacement for the alkatronic stirrer motor. Coralvue had it listed on their site but it of stock. No one else has it listed in the US. Any help would be great.

My Alkatronic started reporting 1dkh higher than usual yesterday. I watched a test and noticed that the pill was not spinning and checked that was able to freely spin. Assume the motor failed but waiting for focustronic to reply to the ticket. Didn't find any diy or really anything about troubleshooting or repairing. The unit is over a year old so ticked warranty. It's been pretty rock solid besides this since purchase. Seems to be expected moving parts will fail.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for a replacement for the alkatronic stirrer motor. Coralvue had it listed on their site but it of stock. No one else has it listed in the US. Any help would be great.

My Alkatronic started reporting 1dkh higher than usual yesterday. I watched a test and noticed that the pill was not spinning and checked that was able to freely spin. Assume the motor failed but waiting for focustronic to reply to the ticket. Didn't find any diy or really anything about troubleshooting or repairing. The unit is over a year old so ticked warranty. It's been pretty rock solid besides this since purchase. Seems to be expected moving parts will fail.
There's a number of shops around in Europe that has them in stock! If you are willing to pay the shipping, that's an option! :)

BRS is the Focustronic US distributor- if it's in stock anywhere in the US they can get it for you. Here's their Customer Support contacts.

If not, you can contact either the distributor in the UK- or the one in Germany to get one from Europe over the pond.

OP
OP
H

harper

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's a number of shops around in Europe that has them in stock! If you are willing to pay the shipping, that's an option! :)

BRS is the Focustronic US distributor- if it's in stock anywhere in the US they can get it for you. Here's their Customer Support contacts.

If not, you can contact either the distributor in the UK- or the one in Germany to get one from Europe over the pond.
Do you know how to replace the motor? I took my unit apart and the stirrer motor seems to be encased in the unit. Like the top of the mixing chamber is glued to the lower chamber which houses the motor. There is only a small hole on the back where the wire exits. Thanks.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know how to replace the motor? I took my unit apart and the stirrer motor seems to be encased in the unit. Like the top of the mixing chamber is glued to the lower chamber which houses the motor. There is only a small hole on the back where the wire exits. Thanks.
Sadly, I do not! There is a good Focustronic community on their Facebook page though with people helping each other out with DIY repairs.

OP
OP
H

harper

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In case someone searches for it. Removing the 4 black plastic/rubber feet on the bottom exposes 4 screws. Removing the screws and bottom plate provides access to the stirrer motor.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back