Alkatronic...

ReefdudeAdam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been offered a cheap alkatronic..

Very little knowledge on them to be honest.done a little research and although it looks nice and easy to use and be great to get my PH and alk checked twice daily and pinged to my phone.
My question is.. something like tropic Marin carbo calcium, a one part, can this be used to dose through the alkatronic? I’d be happy to use it to dose my carbo calcium.. otherwise I’ll use it as a monitor and stick to my dosing pumps

Biff0rz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Been offered a cheap alkatronic..

Very little knowledge on them to be honest.done a little research and although it looks nice and easy to use and be great to get my PH and alk checked twice daily and pinged to my phone.
My question is.. something like tropic Marin carbo calcium, a one part, can this be used to dose through the alkatronic? I’d be happy to use it to dose my carbo calcium.. otherwise I’ll use it as a monitor and stick to my dosing pumps
That's what the dosetronic is for. The AT has 2 extra pumps on it to do small tweaks but for dosing you'll want the DT or your own solution.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My understanding is, using tropic marin carbocalcium or all for reef, you dose that with a doser. For the alkatronic internal doser (slight adjustments to alk by additional dosing, you should use kalkwaser.

This is because the tm carbocalcium or all for reef is partially binded when first dosed. Say you dose 1ml of either, the first day, only part of that will show up in the testing, bacteria releases the rest which causes the levels in the test to increase over 24-36hrs

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 46 53.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.3%
Back