Status
Not open for further replies.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would also suggest putting the diamondtail flasher in with the first group.

aherre07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the quick response Hunter, I was hoping you would chime in. So if I remove the rubrisquamis and the rubrimarginatus could I possibly replace them with some flasher and leopard wrasses?

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the quick response Hunter, I was hoping you would chime in. So if I remove the rubrisquamis and the rubrimarginatus could I possibly replace them with some flasher and leopard wrasses?
Yeah, for sure. No issues there.

aherre07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after revising the list would this be a better grouping:

group 1: Diamond tail, flame, pintail
group 2: lineatus, rhomboid
group 3: radiant, labouti

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after revising the list would this be a better grouping:

group 1: Diamond tail, flame, pintail
group 2: lineatus, rhomboid
group 3: radiant, labouti
Much better. :)

aherre07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome. Thank you for your help now to go out and try to source some of these fish locally.

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
looking for a good wrasse for my biocube sps reef heard 6 lines are jerks any recommendations?

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking for a good wrasse for my biocube sps reef heard 6 lines are jerks any recommendations?
The only wrasses really suitable for the typical 29g biocube are a species of the Wetmorella genus (possum) or Pseudocheilinops ataenia (pink streak).

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
really how big of a tank do they need ive seen alot of them in biocubes
Just because you've seen it done doesn't mean that it is a good idea or with the best interest of the fish in mind.
50g would be the minimum, but ideally they would be in a larger tank.
Agree, and the length of the tank is important. 2 feet doesn't cut it.

deedubz

nuttier than a squirrel turd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know if this was already asked or not, and I apologize if it was, but what are your thoughts on temperature? Especially with the deeper water specimens

I've had a female rhomboid and female flame in qt for a while and it just dawned on me to ask. I generally keep my tanks between 78-80. I had velvet come in with some inverts(a few days before the wrasses arrived ;Facepalm) so I broke down my dt to setup a few qts for my 8 surviving fish. New dt should be here early May so I'll have the flexibility to set at whatever you deem ideal.

Malkbone

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know if this was already asked or not, and I apologize if it was, but what are your thoughts on temperature? Especially with the deeper water specimens

I've had a female rhomboid and female flame in qt for a while and it just dawned on me to ask. I generally keep my tanks between 78-80. I had velvet come in with some inverts(a few days before the wrasses arrived ;Facepalm) so I broke down my dt to setup a few qts for my 8 surviving fish. New dt should be here early May so I'll have the flexibility to set at whatever you deem ideal.
Sorry I don't have an answer. There are quite a few moderators that will respond quickly and know quite abit.

Very interesting question, I never considered. Following to see the answer

I would imagine 78 still being fine and that as long as your temperature is STABLE your fish should adjust

Bug235

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have 2 supermale Rhomboids and 3 females in my 150, my temp is 77.5 or so to 79 in winter and summer 77 to 80.5 or so before chiller kicks in. I think if you keep temp stable as possible they will be fine. The lower the temp the more oxygen from what I understand.

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't much worry about temps except with a few species of Anampses. I feel temps under 80 are just fine for most everything. Yes, some species do come from deeper waters and typically cooler temps, so it is possible keeping them a bit warmer may reduce lifespans to an unknown degree.

Jim C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would I be okay adding a lineatus and red head Solon wrasse at the same time to an existing male flame wrasse in a 125 gallon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back