All cards on the table, need help finding the issue

Wasabiroot

Valonia Slayer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something to keep in mind is it seems a lot of people here struggle with birdnest. It is an "easy" coral but anecdotally, it seems quite finicky and prone to RTN amongst sps.Your lps look happy - was this icp sent out after you started having issues?

When you say stuff is struggling, what percentage? I think it's common that every tank has that one coral that just doesn't seem to "like it".

The other thing to consider is some sort of allopathic damage from nearby soft corals or gorgonians, but in my observation these toxins are often sufficiently removed from the water with carbon and their danger is exaggerated.

I admit I'm pretty stumped on this one.

OP
OP
gurthystag

gurthystag

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20220528_191929.jpg

TheDuude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My last question would be.. do you know par levels in your tank? Corals dont usually decline very quick from under lighting but over lighting can certain cook some stuff pretty fast.

OP
OP
gurthystag

gurthystag

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lights are radion gen 4 pros, par is about 200 to 350 average depending on how high up and the corners can be about 150 par. I started them there so it shouldn't be the lighting. I'd say about 50 percent of corals don't do well. But if the do they don't seem to mind whatever is going on. Flow I would say is just right as well based off of success I've had with past tanks and the same species. The ICP was done after a recent STN on both my birds nest and forest fire digi. I've tried multiple ones before as well to the same result. There are no soft corals in this tank. Just one anemone, lps, sps, and a clam

OP
OP
gurthystag

gurthystag

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lighting is ab+ setting at 70 percent. I own a par meter so I monitor that in my routine.

TheDuude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty strange then as I agree your par levels look good and I run the same lights over my tank with success.

Back