ALL FISH ACTING WEIRD IN DP

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've researched and read that alot of people run high Temps in their tank to keep down diseases.
There is a word I like to call a lot of people, that word is "wrong". Your tank is to hot and that causes diseases not the other way around. It is very stressful for a cold blooded creature. I don't know why your fish died, but the temp didn't help it.
UPDATE***- Foxface found deceased. No signs of disease or fight. what the heck
Read above statement. Whatever killed your foxface, it also died from lack of oxygen because hot water carries much less oxygen than cooler water. A fish does not have a disease to die.

OP
OP
D

Dreamkiller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ii currently do not have any corals

I Would be freaking out if my tank was that high. I get nervous if I get past 80 degrees. Currently running at 77 - 78. Fish might handle it but how are your corals not puking their polyps out.

OP
OP
D

Dreamkiller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a word I like to call a lot of people, that word is "wrong". Your tank is to hot and that causes diseases not the other way around. It is very stressful for a cold blooded creature. I don't know why your fish died, but the temp didn't help it.

Read above statement. Whatever killed your foxface, it also died from lack of oxygen because hot water carries much less oxygen than cooler water. A fish does not have a disease to die.
Duly noted. Decreasing temp now. Also about to do a 30% water change

TheDuude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As others have stated.... Lower the temp. I would also take a close look at your test kits and if you can verify they are reading accurately by comparing to LFS test or a friends. Recent addition of dry rock might have thrown things out of balance. Sluggish and dying fish usually means low oxygen or ammonia IME.

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Way too high of a temp. Turn your thermometer down and let it fall naturally, don’t do a water change to quickly change the temp.

OP
OP
D

Dreamkiller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As others have stated.... Lower the temp. I would also take a close look at your test kits and if you can verify they are reading accurately by comparing to LFS test or a friends. Recent addition of dry rock might have thrown things out of balance. Sluggish and dying fish usually means low oxygen or ammonia IME.
Ok. I'm going to get a new kit today

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I'm using RO water. And I'm currently using an airstone. And my test kit is API
API is notorious for false readings and disappointing many reefers. I’d recommend a second opinion taking a water sample to a trusted pet store that does not use api kits and have them test the water for you and see what results they come up with

OP
OP
D

Dreamkiller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
API is notorious for false readings and disappointing many reefers. I’d recommend a second opinion taking a water sample to a trusted pet store that does not use api kits and have them test the water for you and see what results they come up with
Ok. Will do

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back