All for Reef or Red Sea Reef Energy AB+ dose

Craigh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a difference between All for Reef and Red Sea Reef Energy AB+? Which one is better? I currently have been using Reef Energy AB+. I'm currently dosing 8ml at night by hand taking bottle out of the refrigerator. I would like to start using a dosing pump and dose the AB+ I directly out of the bottle, the folks at LFS and some other forums say that it's not neccessary for it refrigerated. If All for Reef is basically the same and doesn't need to be refrigerated than maybe I should take that path. Certainly, appreciate everyones opinions and experiences. I 've been thinking of adding Coral Amino to my dosing regimen as well, what are folks thinking? Thanks

JTP424

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a page on here about both... they both do two different things, both can be a benefit if they are needed.
I dose both, AFR is more.. calcium etc, "vitamins", AB+ is more omega acids and "foodstuffs" for your corals.
AFR does NOT need to be refrigerated, AB+ does and will go bad (it will turn brown and smell) The instructions of AB+ also states you should only put what you would dose in a week into a doser...
Can anyone verify?

*edited to remove nutrients note :) Thanks @thomas_neil

thomas_neil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AB+ is a coral supplement, it adds nutrients to the water like amino acids. All 4 reef is dosed for Alk, Cal., Mag. stability, not nutrients.

I personally keep my AB+ in the refrigerator. I've seen people on here take those little mini refrigerators that can hold a single bottle and drill a hole in the top for a dosing tube.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TM AFR does not need to be refrigerated. I've not used Red Sea Energy AB+ so not sure what it is. I was under the impression it is amino and fatty acids, and vitamins. All For Reef info below. As noted above I do not refrigerate TM AFR and I mix 3800 ml container worth and leave under the stand.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 34 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 157 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%
Back