All for Reef vs RedSea 4 Part

cost, ease, and convenience.

AFR is one and done, but more expensive. It also does not let you adjust individual components. Usually great for smaller tanks.

Any 3-4 part is usually less expensive, but more work. It does let you adjust individual components. Due to cost, usually used for bigger tanks.
 
I use AFR. The first difference I notice is that 4 part is exactly that, 4 things to dose vs AFR which is a single supplement so a single component to dose. I'm not familiar with RS 4 part but I suppose it may offer more control over what exactly is being added but determining that would be way above my skill set so I try to make things simple and AFR is that.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new