All in one tank

Fluval M90 or Innovative Marine fusion 30L

• Total voters

Milamber

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I will venture in on a saltwater tank as a fall/winter project. I am just down to 2 tanks. I wanted to get your thought's on either a Fluval M90 (disregard the skimmer or pump it comes with it can be upgraded) or Innovative Marine fusion 30L. What would you choose and why?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I will venture in on a saltwater tank as a fall/winter project. I am just down to 2 tanks. I wanted to get your thought's on either a Fluval M90 (disregard the skimmer or pump it comes with it can be upgraded) or Innovative Marine fusion 30L. What would you choose and why?

Welcome!

Can I ask why you narrowed it down to just those two?

OP
OP
Milamber

Milamber

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!

Can I ask why you narrowed it down to just those two?

Well I like the IM fusion 30L cause that's almost 36 inches lengthfor fish to swim left to right. Only trade off is it kinda narrow width wise minus the basket
The Fluval I like the tank that it little bigger and hold more water, the cabinet and the drain plug to water change in the basket not in the display area. Kinda like the frosted etching vs the black frame time design IM has.
I own an IM Nuvo Black 20 gallon which I use for freshwater but that doesn't have that black box like line that frames the rank.

I

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The water change feature is pretty cool. they are both good tanks but I'd probably pick the fluval just for that feature alone.

esolo16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fluvals have a strange filtration design with both baffles having water flow over the top. For that reason, I personally went with IM.

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aesthetically I like the IM so much more.

Welcome. :)

Tonii

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Fluval M90, I really like it.
12c8c512bc85e1d1f594a65f9a57a00e.jpg

Tonii

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you change out the protein skimmer and pump that came with it? You buy any upgrades?
I replaced the protein skimmer for a Tunze 9004. I'm still using the return pump it came with. I also replaced the LED light for two Kessil A160WE

PCool

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Fluval M90, I really like it.

12c8c512bc85e1d1f594a65f9a57a00e.jpg
Would you tell me as I am never own the fluval tank before. I just want to know how is the water flow from chamber to chamber in the back. Is it a good flow. I really like this tank but still have some concern about the flow. Do you still keep the original pump come with the tank?

Tonii

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you tell me as I am never own the fluval tank before. I just want to know how is the water flow from chamber to chamber in the back. Is it a good flow. I really like this tank but still have some concern about the flow. Do you still keep the original pump come with the tank?

Yes I'm still running the original pump. The first chamber water flows top to bottom second chamber bottom to top third chamber top to top into the last chamber. I also added a surface skimmer to help with the display surface flow.

1st chamber- media basket
2nd chamber- refugium
3rd chamber- protein skimmer
4th chamber- return pump

SantaMonicaHelp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hey Milamber:)

How is it going? What did you choose?

Zhenya

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back