All my fish stay together

ThatPhillyReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello I have a 90g reef tank and i have a tang, fox face, a clownfish, and 3 chromis. They all stay together toward the right side of the tank where i feed. How do i get them to separate and swim throughout the whole tank. They have been in the tank for around 3 months and all added at separate times. And how do I get the fish to act normal when i and others look at the tank so their not all bunched up on the right side awaiting food??

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Breaking them of the habit of congregating in one spot for feeding when they see you might be tough-- my guess is it happens in lots of people's tanks, big or small fish all the same-- and most people have learned to observe their tanks from a few feet back, if they don't want to trigger that reaction. As for them gathering there all the time, however, do you have a strong powerhead you can point there and see whether that breaks things up a bit? And try putting something black on the outside of the glass there, in case it just happens to be a favorite 'reflection' spot on the glass. Lastly, try rearranging the rock work. Those are the things that come to my mind. Best wishes! :)

OP
OP
ThatPhillyReefer

ThatPhillyReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Breaking them of the habit of congregating in one spot for feeding when they see you might be tough-- my guess is it happens in lots of people's tanks, big or small fish all the same-- and most people have learned to observe their tanks from a few feet back, if they don't want to trigger that reaction. As for them gathering there all the time, however, do you have a strong powerhead you can point there and see whether that breaks things up a bit? And try putting something black on the outside of the glass there, in case it just happens to be a favorite 'reflection' spot on the glass. Lastly, try rearranging the rock work. Those are the things that come to my mind. Best wishes! :)
thank you, but it’s weird. They will separate when i turn all flow off

Back