Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
BETTER TO GIVE THAN TO RECEIVE!

H
APPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!

THREAD AD GIFT.png

Help us celebrate Kent’s Birthday!!
April 27, 2024 he turns 56 (yep older than dirt). What does he want for his birthday?

Peace and goodwill to everyone!!

Yep he is so noble.

Actually he wants orders, lots of orders. So to make this happen @Ocean_Queenie has decided to give gifts to all of our customers, and a discount on all orders.

SAVE 15% OFF
ORDER TOTAL
NO CODE NEEDED

PLUS SPEND OVER $56 AND RECEIVE A FREE GIFT!!
Make any purchase no minimum required before Monday 4/29/2024 and you will receive a free gift as we unveil a new and exciting offering (not product).

If your order is over $56 you will receive not only this gift, but also a bonus product of our choice. What will this be?

We will prepare additional products throughout our entire product offerings and randomly choose one to add to your package. These will include everything from an 8 Oz Phyto Buffet to a Gallon of Titanic Copepod Buffet. Bonus gifts will not necessarily be determined by purchase size, but due to shipping costs it is unlikely that a smaller purchase would receive a Gallon of product as the shipping could exceed the purchase price. However each gift will be a nice addition to any aquarium.

www.reefbysteele.com

THANK YOU REEF2REEF COMMUNITY

We Got The Reef!

SO ORDER NOW AND EXPERIENCE THE STEELE ADVANTAGE.

www.reefbysteele.com

SAVE WITH OUR NEW COMBO OFFERINGS

A new upgrade in Shopify allows us to build our combos. We have added new combos where you can save while selecting the right size of each product for your needs. Check them out now.

OUR PLANKTON BUFFET NOW AVAILABLE WITH ALL COPEPOD BUFFETS

@Ocean_Queenie and I want to offer a very heartfelt and sincere thank you for all the support we have received from our Reef2Reef community. We have spent the last 3 months expanding and growing our inventory to allow us to meet your every need with the highest quality products.

Please note that we have raised the Free 2 Day requirement to $75 due to the significant increase in UPS rates that took effect on December 26th. Our products are prepped and packaged to survive priority and ground shipping with no problems and all of our orders are guaranteed to arrive alive.

All you can eat for your reef
http://www.reefbysteele.com

Our Reef2Reef community is absolutely wonderful and we are so grateful to be a part of it. We are always looking for ways to grow and improve our business and product offerings, and it is with extreme pleasure that we announce the addition of THREE new species of copepods available this week. If we don’t get them in the website and you are interested, PM us and we will get you set up.

We now have Parvo, Pseudo, and Acartia. Not the puppy disease, not pseudo science, or pseudo nutrition, but real live nutritional additions to your saltwater tank and it’s biome, and you can get it “a la cartia” or in our newest products. POD BUFFET is our newest category, and you can get it in four options.

BLENDED POD BUFFET with a custom blend of our main copepods (Tigriopus, Tisbe, Apocyclops) or try our PREMIUM POD BUFFET with the addition of rotifers. Newly added COLOSSAL POD BUFFET with a custom blend of all six or our copepods or upsize to our TITANIC POD BUFFET with the addition of rotifers (and fear not, the rotifers do not reduce the pod density as we harvest, sieve and then rinse straight in to the premixed pods) for an added bonus to your feather dusters, clams, Zoas, softies and more.

BLENDED POD BUFFET
Custom blend of Tigriopus, Tisbe, Apocyclops

8 Oz - $ 12
16 Oz - $ 22
32 Oz - $ 39
64 Oz - $ 74

128 Oz - $139

PREMIUM POD BUFFET

Custom blend of Tigriopus, Tisbe, Apocyclops + Rotifers

8 Oz - $ 19
16 Oz - $ 29
32 Oz - $ 49
64 Oz - $ 89

128 Oz - $159

COLOSSAL POD BUFFET
Custom blend of Tigriopus, Tisbe, Apocyclops, Psuedo, Acartia, Parvo

8 Oz - $ 24
16 Oz - $ 34
32 Oz - $ 59
64 Oz - $109

128 Oz - $179

TITANIC POD BUFFET

Custom blend of Tigriopus, Tisbe, Apocyclops, Psuedo, Acartia, Parvo + Rotifers

8 Oz - $ 29
16 Oz - $ 39
32 Oz - $ 69
64 Oz - $119

128 Oz - $199

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reef By Steele

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Where are you located? Do you have will call?
I’m in Kearney NE. Free standard deliver over $25 Free 2 day over $50.

Love your name and icon. Would have one in a heartbeat if it couldn’t stop a heartbeat.

Sam21WA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if you buy the gallon. Do you pour it all at once or over a few days? I have a 165 gallon system. Or what would be a good size to seed my tank with?

OP
OP
Reef By Steele

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I would add the full gallon all at once. Do this at least an hour after lights out so as not to create a feeding frenzy allowing for the copepods to find shelter increasing their chance to establish a colony in your tank. This can happen with the first addition, or take two to three. Many factors affect this such as how heavily they are hunted and water quality. At 165 you could go with the gallon or 1/2 gallon (obviously more is better, but some is way better than none). Then observe with a light after dark every so often and if pods are present then great if not add some more in a month. If you see pods, but they seem to be less as you watch then think about adding more. Either size you chose to hit with first, you can probably add the 1/2 gallon as a follow up if needed. I dose each week splitting my remaining harvest between my 6 tanks. Some weeks it is almost none other weeks I might have 16-32 Oz for each as I always pull an extra gallon or two incase I get last minute orders.

OP
OP
Reef By Steele

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
So @Ocean_Queenie has had her culture going for 7 day now and it is looking really good. Not quotes done, but with losing air to her Rhodosomas on the first night she is super pleased. Here is what it is looking like now.

IMG_6483.jpeg

Notice the pod water is really light, so she poured a little water through a sieve and man was she impressed with the number of Apocyclops pods she has grown. She added them back and added a little more phyto. And this is what it looks like with the lights on.

IMG_6492.jpeg

Notice how much lighter the phyto looks when lit. You have to turn the lights off to check it as you can see how dark it is in the first picture. She is going to split and restart her phyto when we get back from picking up our daughter from school.

Here is a peek at her pods.

Place your orders soon at

www.reefbysteele.com.

Save 10% and FREE 2 DAY SHIPPING over $50 and FREE PRIORITY MAIL over $25.

Use coupon code R2RLOVEPODS.

OP
OP
Reef By Steele

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
So the debate is on, does @Ocean_Queenie keep her phyto she harvests to dose to a tank? She will have to keep a portion to feed her Apocyclops copepods because she has decided to keep her cultures going. So please give us your vote in the comments!!

Does my wife

A. Sell her phytoplankton?

B. Give it away as a gift with purchase?

C. Use it to dose our Red Sea 350?

D. Evaporate it and make some health/nutrition product?

www.reefbysteele.com
Coupon R2RLOVEPODS for 10% OFF

Last edited:

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in Kearney NE. Free standard deliver over $25 Free 2 day over $50.

Love your name and icon. Would have one in a heartbeat if it couldn’t stop a heartbeat.
Google Blue Ring Octopus Check
Google Blue Ring Octopus image, Check
You got one chance don't blow it
Blue Spot Octopus Stupid Brain. Check

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 25 gallon tank with a Mandrian Goby like the one pictured in your ad, it has been alive for years and I was able to acquire it, problem is he is getting skinny.
What should I feed him and how often?
Does one just get a bottle monthly?
Weekly?
Thanks in advance
NE?? I would like to buy some more vowels.

shcrimps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
perfect timing for me finding this
setup a new tank and didn’t wanna go through the hassle of catching them from my main display lol

a l s o
would you guys ever sell skeleton shrimp??

OP
OP
Reef By Steele

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I have a 25 gallon tank with a Mandrian Goby like the one pictured in your ad, it has been alive for years and I was able to acquire it, problem is he is getting skinny.
What should I feed him and how often?
Does one just get a bottle monthly?
Weekly?
Thanks in advance
NE?? I would like to buy some more vowels.
Nebraska. For vowels.
Frequency depends on many things. I would dose with maybe a 16 Oz of blended. If you have filter feeders jump up
To the premium for the rotifers. Dose at least one hour after lights off. The. Check every couple of nights with a flash light. When you see pods declining order more. Might be good to plan for a second dose
In 2 weeks. If you dose phytoplankton you have a better chance of establishing colonies. As you check them maybe weekly after the second dose you will get an idea of how well their population maintains. Just shine a light on the glass for a little while and see what gathers.

If you have softies, zoas, clams, feather dusters etc. dose about 2-3 ml per day of phyto. If not 1-2 ml per day, and if fish only 1 ml will suffice.

32 Oz phyto would last 30 some days at 25 ml per day.

Use R2RLOVEPODS for 10% OFF.

www.reefbysteele.com

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reef By Steele

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
perfect timing for me finding this
setup a new tank and didn’t wanna go through the hassle of catching them from my main display lol

a l s o
would you guys ever sell skeleton shrimp??
Don’t know what you exactly what you wan for skeleton, but I have grass shrimp at times.

Use R2RLOVEPODS to save 10% OFF at www.reefbysteele.com

OP
OP
Reef By Steele

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
We have about 2 gallons of pods and 4 gallons of phyto that could be shipped Monday.

Here are a couple of examples of what our customers are saying about us. Thank you so much.

IMG_6503.jpeg

IMG_6505.jpeg

Remember to use COUPON CODE - R2RLOVEPODS at check out for 10% OFF

www.reefbysteele.com

FREE SHIPPING AT $25
FREE 2 DAY SHIPPING AT $50

A little secret, our Black Friday Sale will offer bonus discounts for customers who have purchased from the website before the sale starts.

OP
OP
Reef By Steele

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
We still have pods and phyto that can ship tomorrow or Wednesday (with FREE orders over $50 or paid 2 Day service). We have extended our sale through midnight. Use coupon code R2RLOVEPODS and take 10% off your entire order. These bottles are packed with life for your fish and reef.

@Ocean_Queenie really got after it today and everything was wrapped so nice. Thanks honey.

OP
OP
Reef By Steele

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Here is a look at what we shipped this week. We have extended our 10% discount until 12 noon tomorrow. Our pods are great and our phytoplankton is super rich and nutritious. Use R2RLOVEPODS for 10% off your order. FREE 2 DAY shipping over $50 or paid 2 Day will ship today or Wednesday.

Teeming with life.

IMG_6509.jpeg

And the phytoplankton is dark and rich.

OP
OP
Reef By Steele

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Wow what a wild week. Thank you everyone. Had 6 orders come in today and we were able to fulfill them and get them shipped out today.

Our 10% off expires tonight at midnight,use R2RLOVEPODS at www.reefbysteele.com so take advantage of it now and we will ship Monday. Order by 7:00 central and we can still get it to you by Friday with FREE 2 day over $50.

@Ocean_Queenie really knocked it out of the park this week. What a great woman.

We are going to share a secret!! Our BLACK FRIDAY/CYBER MONDAY SALE will have added bonuses for our existing customers. Get your orders in now to qualify.

OP
OP
Reef By Steele

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
We are prepping for the cold weather this coming week and we are prepared and will be shipping product with the appropriate methods to ensure live arrival.

OP
OP
Reef By Steele

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Hey everyone, check out our newest perk!!

FREE OVERNIGHT DELIVERY on orders over $200. Modest prices to add it to smaller orders. Need it now, you can get it now.

Take note, yes BLACK FRIDAY AND CYBER MONDAY are coming, but don’t wait to order as (don’t tell anyone it’s a secret) we will be offering additional savings and bonuses to returning customers.

@Ocean_Queenie says get your POD BUFFET today.

OP
OP
Reef By Steele

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
We are prepping for harvest and getting all of our packaging in order. Place your orders today so you can have your buffet and your fish can feast.

@Ocean_Queenie says get your POD BUFFET today and to check out our newest perk!! At www.reefbysteele.com.

FREE OVERNIGHT DELIVERY on orders over $200. Modest prices to add it to smaller orders. Need it now, you can get it now.

Take note, yes BLACK FRIDAY AND CYBER MONDAY are coming, but don’t wait to order as (don’t tell anyone it’s a secret) we will be offering additional savings and bonuses to returning customers.

And as always, you satisfaction is not only guaranteed, but it is our priority.

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back