All4Reef Mixing Clarity

BuffRJ47

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Relatively newbie here. I have a question about mixing the all for Reef powder. Mine seems to stay fairly cloudy even though I have mixed it over an hour with a stir plate. It’s been a couple days and I turn the mixer on for 5 minutes on the hour. Does anyone get all for Reef to completely dissolve? I used RODI water and added 175 grams per litter. Thanks in advance for reading my question!

Have a great day!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hello,

Relatively newbie here. I have a question about mixing the all for Reef powder. Mine seems to stay fairly cloudy even though I have mixed it over an hour with a stir plate. It’s been a couple days and I turn the mixer on for 5 minutes on the hour. Does anyone get all for Reef to completely dissolve? I used RODI water and added 175 grams per litter. Thanks in advance for reading my question!

Have a great day!
It’s a tad cloudy at first then slowly dissipates

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As noted above it will mix somewhat cloudy but will settle down and clear up after 20 minutes or so. I mix it in 1800 ml batches also using a magnetic stir and it always turns out fine. Basically I fill up my mixing container with rodi water, let it get to room temp, toss in the pill, let it center, break out scale, plate, zero out, open TM AFR container, measure out until reach proper weight, cover TM AFR container, turn on mixer, slowly add TM AFR powder, let mix for about 30 minutes, check, and then move to dosing container.

Works like a charm every time and do not really see any oddities.

steffysreeffromaustria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I know it’s an old Thread but I have the same issue. It stays cloudy, even stirred with a magnetic stirrer, even after one hour it’s cloudy. Is there any trick to clear it up or should it be cloudy?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 46 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back