Alternative to Bayer for dip

  • Thread starter Thread starter exnisstech
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

exnisstech

Grumpy old man
View Badges
Joined
Feb 11, 2019
Messages
20,721
Reaction score
33,696
Location
Ashland Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know of a good alternative to Bayer to dip new frags? I'm almost out of the Bayer advanced and can not find it anywhere. I guess they merged or something and now it's called bio advanced and there are a bunch of different types for different plants, shrubs etc and I don't want to kill my new frags I have coming.
 
I like Revive, also a fan of Coral Rx. Smell the same so I’m guess they’re close in ingredients. Revive is usually around $12 and Rx $18 in my area.
 
I've used coral RX to treat corals already in the DT but It doesn't seem to be as good at pest / hitch hikers. I want to dip new corals before introducing them to the DT and I want to make sure they are pest free.
@vtecintegra do you know if the bio advanced has the same ingredients as bayer advanced just a different name? If so I'll just get a bottle of that. Bayer has worked in the past and I try to stick with what works rather than experimenting. Its an old guy thing :winking-face:
 
After reading some more patasium chloride does seem to have a following. Is this the stuff to use? I'm picking up some frags this Friday so just trying to prepare.

Screenshot_20220501-183709_Chrome.jpg
 
Potassium chloride doesn't kill red bugs for me, I tried the NOW brands powder.
 
polyp lab reef primer is a potassium based dip. works kind of like potassium chloride but i believe it is not potassium chloride. i use this and coral rx pro(i also use the regular coral rx hut only if i’m treating any bacterial infection or just “service cleaning”)
 
After reading some more patasium chloride does seem to have a following. Is this the stuff to use? I'm picking up some frags this Friday so just trying to prepare.

Screenshot_20220501-183709_Chrome.jpg
Did you end up finding some more guidance on how much to use per Liter or Gallon with this?
 
For potassium dips, I have seen all sorts of numbers.

Reef Primer is approximately 10 g/L for 5 minutes by their instructions.

For Brightwell Potassion-P powder, 2 teaspoons per liter 5-10 minutes.

For KCL powder, 1 tablespoon per gallon.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new