Aluminum extrusion magnetic panels

Asianinvasion

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 25, 2024
Messages
23
Reaction score
4
Location
Alberta
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy guys,

I'm making a 3030 stand and was inspired by uns's reef line magnetic door panels as I can just take off whenever I need to service the sump. Problem is, I am having great difficulty trying to find an attachment for that purpose.

Was looking more at 3d prints but I couldn't find any. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
 
8234.jpg


It looks similar to these with magnets mounted on em.
 
Alright I'll give these a shot. Might go the hanger route though.

Thanks a ton guys!
 
I used button fix fasteners attached to the aluminum strip. The aluminum strip has four oversized holes that allow the panel to move for alignment. The aluminum strip also acts as a spacer so the panel can sit outside the extrusion. The panel is made from 1/2” expanded PVC, they snap on/off nicely.

IMG_4857.jpeg
IMG_4855.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new