Alveopora drastic change

  • Thread starter Thread starter cleverrev
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cleverrev

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 3, 2022
Messages
34
Reaction score
10
Location
South Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This Alveopora has been doing fantastic. Every day the polyps would extend 3-4” and the coral seemed super happy.

I did a water change and for the past two days it has looked drastically different. All other corals look great. Don’t want to overreact but should I be concerned?

DD5D1BE7-DD0B-4AF5-AE45-FF232C8720F6.jpeg
9550BF88-07DA-4E36-9C0C-55466F424C0D.jpeg
 
They will sometimes do that just for whatever reason. Right now I have two that are not happy and not doing great while another one has risen from the dead. Go figure...
Thanks for the response! I was getting worried that no one would comment. Glad to hear that you had one bounce back. Hoping mine does as well.
 
Just wanted to close the loop here, the coral is a goner. It went from the best looking coral in my tank, as seen in the first picture above, to an empty skeleton in about 4 days. All other corals are fine and unchanged. Yikes. Will stay away from these until I’m more seasoned. Thanks for the input anyhow.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new