Alveopora looking stressed

  • Thread starter Thread starter threebuoys
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

threebuoys

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 24, 2020
Messages
2,702
Reaction score
5,624
Location
Avon, NC
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received this alveopora on November 29. It inflated nicely by the second day. Over the past week to 10 days some of the polys have stopped fully extending. I've had this problem in the past with alves and it seems to be a early indicator of declining health leading to death.


20230102_111618_resized.jpg


I may be over-reacting. Given past experience, I decided to ask now if anyone sees anything unusual or has suggestions. The reaction I see is similar to what happens when I feed the coral. Usually it stays like this for several hours. Now it does not fully extend and hasn't for 7 - 10 days.

My parameters:

salinity: 1.026
pH: 8.25
Calc: 410
Alk: 8.5
Temp:79 degrees F
Phosphate: .06
Nitrate: 5
Water flow: moderate to low
Light: on bottom of tank, appx 100 - 150 par
Food: weekly- reef-roids, mysis , Brightwell CoralAmino


Thanks for your help
 
not sure what moderate to low flow means, but they like to wave around in the flow, they can also take more light.

Mine are all in the middle of the tank under MH lights and they all wave around in med/high flow.

Your numbers are all similar to mine, so I doubt its the parameters, I think it's a placement issue.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new