Am I being too picky?

Shameless_Dood

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 10, 2016
Messages
252
Reaction score
280
Location
Saginaw
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday I went to a LFS. I typically don't go to this store but it was convenient for the side of town I was on with errands yesterday. I needed some salt water to fill up the tub for the rock I'm curing. I was out of salt to mix my own and I only needed 10 gallons so I figured while I was out I would make it simple. I needed some GAC and a cheap power head too, this store typically has a very good selection of dry goods so it made sense to go there.

I get home and give the water a quick taste (I've employees give me RO instead of salt before) and I could barely taste the salt. I check it with my refractometer....27ish PPT.

20161202_135356.jpg

It's not a huge deal for me, the water is just curing rock. But am I the only one that thinks that's not ok? Can you imagine if someone did a water change with the salinity that low?
 
Yesterday I went to a LFS. I typically don't go to this store but it was convenient for the side of town I was on with errands yesterday. I needed some salt water to fill up the tub for the rock I'm curing. I was out of salt to mix my own and I only needed 10 gallons so I figured while I was out I would make it simple. I needed some GAC and a cheap power head too, this store typically has a very good selection of dry goods so it made sense to go there.

I get home and give the water a quick taste (I've employees give me RO instead of salt before) and I could barely taste the salt. I check it with my refractometer....27ish PPT.

20161202_135356.jpg

It's not a huge deal for me, the water is just curing rock. But am I the only one that thinks that's not ok? Can you imagine if someone did a water change with the salinity that low?
That's crazy! Did you call them and let them know? And no you are not crazy for thinking that way. I'm curing rock too.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 21.9%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new