Am I overstocked

alexytman

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 5, 2017
Messages
303
Reaction score
109
What state or country do you live in
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
45gal no sump with hang on reactor (bio pellet)
I have:
1 clown
1 hawk fish
1 coral beauty
2 dart fish
1 goby1 neon goby
1 pistol less than an inch
2 Neon damsel
A mandarin (my fav he eats frozen food which is rare)

a torch
A small colony of zoan
A acan
2 scolymia
 
dang... I'm over here with a 30g with 20g sump and only have 2 clownfish and a fire shrimp :D with a damsel and brittle star in my sump :P

idk if I'd say you're over stocked but prolly at the limit for sure
 
I would say at the limit also, but that also depends IF you are is setup for that much.
 
If your nutrients are under control and your fish are not behaving aggressively due to lack of territories, then you are fine.
 
Most of the fish are nano tank fish, but 10 fish in a 45 gallon seems like pushing the limits. With good husbandry and luck, it could work.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new