Am I ready for a small clean up crew?

  • Thread starter Thread starter BigBohlin
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BigBohlin

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 29, 2026
Messages
5
Reaction score
19
Location
Jacksonville
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just recently started a Fluval Evo 13.5. It currently is the home to two ocellaris clownfish that I completed a fish-in cycle with. I’m starting to notice algae growing, I’m going to attach a picture. My question to y’all is, do you think that I’m ready to add a small clean up crew? If so, give me some recommendations on what to add! Thanks!
IMG_1986.jpeg
 
If all boxes are ticked for a cycled aquarium, you're most definitely ready for a clean up crew.
 
So I just recently started a Fluval Evo 13.5. It currently is the home to two ocellaris clownfish that I completed a fish-in cycle with. I’m starting to notice algae growing, I’m going to attach a picture. My question to y’all is, do you think that I’m ready to add a small clean up crew? If so, give me some recommendations on what to add! Thanks!
IMG_1986.jpeg
Diatoms are normal for a new tank. I personally would just let it be; it'll eventually go away on its own. However, once you notice more algae starting to grow, then I would start looking into getting CUC.
 
Probably would be okay with a couple hermits or even a shrimp, they'll eat any food stuffs your clowns don't eat, but wait a bit longer before adding snails. Your rock is still very white/clean and they wouldn't have much to each.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new