Am I ready for a water change?

Zack19919853

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 23, 2024
Messages
38
Reaction score
5
Location
texas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so the battle is half done.. I’m showing on each slide 1 to 2 Dino cells 99.9% are all diatoms. Although can someone tell me what the things are that are zooming all over the place doesn’t look like Dino’s. Seems to have legs. You can really seem them bunched up around the 2 minute mark.

I’ve have been doing the uv sweeper. It has helped tremendously. I dosed silicates for the first month and I’m assuming is why I have soo much diatoms. Now am I ready for a water change? That’s my question along with the little things that are zooming across the slide in microscope.

Video is below picture is of tank currently
IMG_5544.jpeg



 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new