Am I the only batfish person?

NashobaTek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't get me wrong I have many favs in the saltwater section, but for me....... This is my baby and the main reason I got a aquarium again. I have always wanted to have this particular batfish. I have had orbics before and I probably will again, but the pinnatus is my dream fish ( especially in juvenile colors. Came in at a tiny 1" and has grown like a weed to over 7"! The second picture is right after feeding brine shrimp.

IMG_20200211_160050.jpg IMG_20200527_193214.jpg

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Beautiful fish! I've never kept one because of not having a long term plan for it, but I do love their uniqueness!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Nope, this guy has a couple bats himself:

1593821787815.png

OP
OP
NashobaTek

NashobaTek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Without doing any research, what is their temperment/behavior
Both the pinnatus batfish and orbic are pretty peaceful, the pinnatus has been front and center from day one. The orbic is one of the easier bats to care for, the pinnatus is listed as expert only, but as long as you know what they need they're pretty easy

They're active swimmers and rarely hide.

Back where it all began

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both the pinnatus batfish and orbic are pretty peaceful, the pinnatus has been front and center from day one. The orbic is one of the easier bats to care for, the pinnatus is listed as expert only, but as long as you know what they need they're pretty easy

They're active swimmers and rarely hide.
thank you!!

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw these listed on a website and I thought they outlined the fish cause it was on a black background!! Crazy to see that kind of coloration on a fish that’s already crazy unique looking. If I ever upgrade to a tank large enough for it, I’d love one! I don’t mind an ‘ugly’ fish if I raise it from a baby and have a good connection with it. I have problems rehoming fish cause I get attached, so when I buy a fish, I plan to care for it for its entire life.

SMB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw these listed on a website and I thought they outlined the fish cause it was on a black background!! Crazy to see that kind of coloration on a fish that’s already crazy unique looking. If I ever upgrade to a tank large enough for it, I’d love one! I don’t mind an ‘ugly’ fish if I raise it from a baby and have a good connection with it. I have problems rehoming fish cause I get attached, so when I buy a fish, I plan to care for it for its entire life.
These get huge as adults, 12-15 inches easily. You would need 400+ gallons for the adults.
The juveniles can be very tame but they can't be in an active tank because they are slow eaters. So when I kept mine I had bottom dwelling blennies and lots of inverts. Live coral was not readily available then.
They had a great second home, 1500gal tank and thrived for many years.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 130 59.6%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 28.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.3%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 38 17.4%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.9%
Back