Am I the only one with this issue?

Goofball310

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After over a month of sending e-mails back and forth with a company to get a quote to build a stand for me, I finally gave up and decided to build the stand myself. I'm about 90 percent done with the construction process when a light bulb went on in my head to check the clearance on the doors of my house. I check all three of my doors (garage, front, and back) and my front door has the widest clearance of 35 inches. My stand is 38 1/2" x 39" *smack myself in the head*.

Now it looks like I only have two options to get the stand into my house:

A: Have one of my windows professionally removed and reinstalled.

B: Take the stand apart and start from scratch.

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I built my stand in the garage and had 1/2 inch clearance when moving into the finished part of the basement. Almost ran into your problem, haha

Loki

My skimmate doesn't stink
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started building my stand and thought of that. Then checked the doors and the fish room door is 35 1/2 inches and the stand is 36 wide 40 tall and 6 foot long. I just assembled it in the room.

46a68767-b2aa-826c.jpg

46a68767-b2ea-750a.jpg

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got lucky and my sliding glass door came apart fairly easy.

OP
OP
G

Goofball310

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, I'm surprised to see so many people come across this problem. I thought I might have been one of the few to do this.

greg0385

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I woke up in the middle of the night and had to check. I had less than a half of a inch. I too was almost done with building the stand. This seems to happen to me alot. I plan and plan and plan ahead but always leave something out til its almost too late.
Good luck

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can pop your door frames out, that might give you the space you need. Its easy, all you need is a prybar and a nail gun (or hammer and push) to put them back. I had to take some door frames down to get a water heater in my house and in the water heater closet. Cant even tell which ones i removed. If it doesn't give you enough room then it might be time to widen the doors...

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohhhh that really sucks! When I built the stand, for my 200DD, I DID think about this, fortunately. I built the stand in sections, then brought the sections inside, to assemble them. There's no way it would have fit through any doors! We live in an older home, with narrow doors.

KSzegi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe you need a nice set of french doors installed somewhere!! They come in real handy!! :wink:

OP
OP
G

Goofball310

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I finished construction of the stand and now need to prep and stain it. I'm already beyond the point of no return and have way too much time and money invested in it to start over. My wife was reading over my shoulder about taking out the door frame and she gave me "THAT LOOK!" So that pretty much rules that out unless I can convince her we need a new front door.:xd:

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back