Am I the only one?

Sashaka

View Badges
Reaction score
Am I the only one that wants to grab a snorkel and some goggles and bury their head in their tank?? My clowns have such an awesome personality I bet they would be cool to hang out with...
Well, I think you would feel differently if you put my snowflake clown in your tank. It bites for blood whenever I put my hand in the tank to clean. I don't think I'd ever want to stick my head under the water near it. I'm afraid I might lose pieces of my ears. And she is QUICK when she comes in for the kill. LOL

sfin52

So many bugs so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
I would be afraid my Maroon would peck out my eyes :(
that's what Google's are for.
Am I the only one that wants to grab a snorkel and some goggles and bury their head in their tank?? My clowns have such an awesome personality I bet they would be cool to hang out with...
Nope I've thought the same thing. Going to lfs fir dates back in 2001-2002(with my gf now wife) and snorkeling in the Caribbean is what got me into the hobby. I would throw on my snorkel gear and hang with my fish.

Sashaka

View Badges
Reaction score
that's what Google's are for.

Nope I've thought the same thing. Going to lfs fir dates back in 2001-2002(with my gf now wife) and snorkeling in the Caribbean is what got me into the hobby. I would throw on my snorkel gear and hang with my fish.
I know! I'll don a shark suit and brave the watery depths with my head encased in steal mesh! Ok. I'm in. Let's go diving!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
I know! I'll don a shark suit and brave the watery depths with my head encased in steal mesh! Ok. I'm in. Let's go diving!
Just make sure there are pictures! You know how R2R loves pictures!!! :)

Corals.com

C. Eymann

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I guess it sounds fun, but from my personal experience its anything but that.

I had a client once with a 700gal reef, it was a 6ft tall custom tank, customer wanted to add a clam, so I cradled a big 6 " maxima near the top with some rocks. Clam moved and fell to the bottom, so I had to bring my mask /snorkel in addition to some long handled grabbers. No big deal right? well, customer also had super expensive hand scraped brazilian wood floors in front of the tank that, in the clients mind, could absolutely not be exposed to one drop of salt water!

It was incredibly stressful! I used painter's plastic and like a dozen beach towels.

Best reef aquarium LED lighting

Idoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
No, I don't have that urge to snorkel in my tank. My tank is only about 20" deep and 20" wide, so I have a good enough view looking thru the glass. Besides, I don't have the luxury of a docile, friendly clown fish... mine is a major *** that attacks me anytime I put my hands in the tank...i can only imagine what she would do to my ears if they were in the tank and exposed! Lol

World Wide Corals - Quality Aqua-cultured Coral

Is Reef Conservation/Stewardship a factor in your hobby decisions? (private poll)

• Very Important

Votes: 117 56.5%
  • Somewhat Imporatant

Votes: 63 30.4%
  • Not Too Important

Votes: 19 9.2%
  • Not Important At All

Votes: 8 3.9%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors