Am I the only one?

Sashaka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Am I the only one that wants to grab a snorkel and some goggles and bury their head in their tank?? My clowns have such an awesome personality I bet they would be cool to hang out with...

Well, I think you would feel differently if you put my snowflake clown in your tank. It bites for blood whenever I put my hand in the tank to clean. I don't think I'd ever want to stick my head under the water near it. I'm afraid I might lose pieces of my ears. And she is QUICK when she comes in for the kill. LOL

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be afraid my Maroon would peck out my eyes :(
that's what Google's are for.
Am I the only one that wants to grab a snorkel and some goggles and bury their head in their tank?? My clowns have such an awesome personality I bet they would be cool to hang out with...
Nope I've thought the same thing. Going to lfs fir dates back in 2001-2002(with my gf now wife) and snorkeling in the Caribbean is what got me into the hobby. I would throw on my snorkel gear and hang with my fish.

Sashaka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that's what Google's are for.

Nope I've thought the same thing. Going to lfs fir dates back in 2001-2002(with my gf now wife) and snorkeling in the Caribbean is what got me into the hobby. I would throw on my snorkel gear and hang with my fish.

I know! I'll don a shark suit and brave the watery depths with my head encased in steal mesh! Ok. I'm in. Let's go diving!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I know! I'll don a shark suit and brave the watery depths with my head encased in steal mesh! Ok. I'm in. Let's go diving!

Just make sure there are pictures! You know how R2R loves pictures!!! :)

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW, are they like piranhas ? :oops:
I have kept Piranhas.......my Maroon is way more aggressive lol....maybe not as equipped but the intent is there.

C. Eymann

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess it sounds fun, but from my personal experience its anything but that.

I had a client once with a 700gal reef, it was a 6ft tall custom tank, customer wanted to add a clam, so I cradled a big 6 " maxima near the top with some rocks. Clam moved and fell to the bottom, so I had to bring my mask /snorkel in addition to some long handled grabbers. No big deal right? well, customer also had super expensive hand scraped brazilian wood floors in front of the tank that, in the clients mind, could absolutely not be exposed to one drop of salt water!

It was incredibly stressful! I used painter's plastic and like a dozen beach towels.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, I don't have that urge to snorkel in my tank. My tank is only about 20" deep and 20" wide, so I have a good enough view looking thru the glass. Besides, I don't have the luxury of a docile, friendly clown fish... mine is a major butt that attacks me anytime I put my hands in the tank...i can only imagine what she would do to my ears if they were in the tank and exposed! Lol

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 62.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back