Amateur Reefer

_d23bae74-30f2-4744-b3f2-5279e3a46bd4.jpeg
 
Welcome to the community! I hope you create a build thread so I can follow along with your journey to the mixed reef life! It's so freaking cool that you have both fresh and saltwater running :D
 
Hey all, just the new Reefer saying hello. Just got my second tank cycled and running. Took advantage of Petco tank sale and my Vital Care subscription to pick up a 75g display and 40g breeder sump for under $200.

This is my third tank. First tank is a 75g freshwater with fx6 filter. It's been running for 4 years with 3 Oscars. Keeping an eye out for a bigger tank for the Oscars. Second is Landen 60G AIO with 2 Perculas and a bubble tip, been running for 2 years now with success, but takes a lot of maintenance. So I figured I'd upgrade to something bigger and grow my knowledge and skill. I have big plans for this new tank as it will be my first attempt at a mixed reef tank. Look forward to learning and contributing to this great hobby!

20250216_165139.jpg 20250213_214949.jpg 20240217_174203.jpg 20240225_093313.jpg
Welcome aboard!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new